Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Fountain Graphic Novel Darren Aronofsky and Kent Williams

I saw The Fountain when it was in theaters wondering if this was an amazing film, or beautiful nonsense that would fall apart if I stopped and thought about it. With each viewing of the film the story and images resonate deeper than they did before.  Until recently I was ignorant of the graphic novels existence.

Kent Williams style of painting works incredibly well, and the small differences from the film add small elements of nuance that I appreciated.  Izzi has a greater role in the future sequences.  I was captivated by this work and will be buying a second copy so tear apart and frame some of the images.  The graphic novel captures simple truth and beauty of Aronofsky's story.  Don't hesitate if you are interested, buy this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment